Things You Need To Know Before Getting Married In Hampton Roads
As you prepare to get married in Hampton Roads, there are a few things you need to know to ensure your wedding day runs smoothly.
- License is issued by the Circuit Court Clerk of any city or county in the State of Virginia.
- Out-of-state-residents may apply at any Clerk’s Office throughout the State.
- No blood tests or witnesses are required.
- The license must be used within 60 days of the date of issue or it will expire.
- Both parties must be present to obtain a marriage license.
- The Clerk’s Office requires some form of identification from each person, such as a driver’s license, military I.D., or a certified copy of a birth certificate.
- The fee for the license is $30.00. We accept Cash or Credit Card for payment, however there is a fee of $2.00 when using a Credit Card.
- For divorced persons, there is no statutory waiting period before remarriage after the divorce is final unless remarriage is specifically prohibited by a Court. A copy of the divorce decree is not required when applying for a license.
If you have further questions about how to obtain your marriage license, please feel free to give us a call, we love helping out our local couples. I know this process can be intimidating but with one of our professional planners by your side, you can relax and know everything is taken care of. Contact us by filling out our simply contact form to get your journey to stress free planning started.
Principal Planner, Magnolia Rose Company